KBoot is a boot loader project that started as a custom second stage boot loader for Kiwi, and eventually became a general purpose boot loader. It supports both BIOS- and UEFI-based x86 PCs, though it is designed to be able to be extended to other platforms as well.
- Linux/Multiboot kernel loaders
- EFI and BIOS chain loaders (can boot Windows)
- Custom boot protocol (used by Kiwi)
- FAT, ext2 and ISO9660 filesystem support
- Optional graphical boot menu (see screenshot below)
- PXE network boot support